Friday, March 23, 2012

Morning of Motivation/Inspiration/Goals

I've been reading about motivation and goals this morning and feeling SO pumped up.  I always do this though, get really jazzed initially and then lose it somehow.  But this time, I've gotta keep it up.

I've been looking at ways to motivate myself to run again and came across an amazing blog called Enjoy It! by Elisa.  She writes about how she tracks her goals.  Instead of yearly ones, she does monthly goals - takes a photo of herself, writes down her monthly goals, posts them on her blog and then tracks next month to see how she did.  I'm going to try this method of goal setting.  This is so much better because your progress is tracked in shorter spurts rather than dragging on and on.

Some secrets to motivation I found in my smorgasbord of info:

1.  Chart your progress - blog, write about your goals
2.  Set a future goal (ie. for running, a PR or sign up for an exciting race)
3.  Get a workout buddy - or cheerleaders:) - a great support system
4.  Just get started!
5.  Make a big public commitment
6.  Think Positive - squash your negative thoughts :)

I wrote down a bunch of words that inspire/interest me to gain a better understanding of who I aspire to be.  My two main things are: I want to be more creative and healthier. 

Food & Cooking
Travel
Photography
Run
Love

Family
Friends
Kids
Design
Knit
Goals
Read
Write
Adventurous
Honest
Compassionate
Healthy
Courageous
Cheerful
Calm
Patient
Loving
Kind


I have plans and I feel very excited for life!  House shopping, getting back into fitness, eating healthier, being more creative and blogging!  Also going to pick up the "Born to Run" book Elisa highly recommends after work today!

No comments:

Post a Comment